Some of you might remember my Apple Slice photo that I shared a little while back
After several requests . . . I thought I would share the recipe here on my blog - it's adapted from one from my High School Cookery Book - 'Cookery The Australian Way'
- 1 cup (135g) Plain Flour
- 1 cup (135g) Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup (125g) Butter
- 1/2 cup (125g) Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg (60's), beaten
- Set oven at 190 degrees Celcius
- Sift flours. Add sugar.
- Rub butter into dry ingredients.
- Add egg and mix into a firm dough.
- Lift onto a floured board. Knead until smooth. Place into fridge for 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture into two. Roll out one part and fit into a greased slab pan. Remove and repeat with the other part - leave this one in the slab pan.
- Spread over the stewed apple
- Top with the other half of the pastry you prepared ealier. Score the top sheet of pastry into desired slice serving sizes .
- Brush lightly with milk or egg glaze. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to stand in pan until cold.
- Cut and serve either cold OR warmed with ice-cream.